Covid-19 Urgent Appeal
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic and second lockdown, Romney House Cat Rescue is operating in crisis mode. Our funds are entirely depleted.
We are in a desperate situation
We urgently need your help!
Why we need your help:
1. Shop takings have drastically reduced
Our Petts Wood charity shop was forced to close between March and June. When we re-opened, it become evident that people were having to tighten their belts and there was a general mood of fear and uncertainty.
On 5th November, we had to shut the shop yet again under the new Covid lockdown regulations!
2. Our vets’ bill is a staggering £15,444.47 and rising!
Our vets support us with favourable rates, but they have had to bring their charity rate in line with other veterinary practices. This means our tariff has just been increased by 25%.
During the first lockdown, we had an increase in the number of cats needing our help, especially new mums and their kittens. Each cat we help is neutered, micro-chipped, vaccinated, flea and worm treated, to give them the best possible start with their new family. This costs us money – on average £4,000 a month – and this will be higher in future.
3. Our cat food bill is around £1,200 a month, often more
We regularly look after 40+ cats at the centre, both those to be re-homed and our sanctuary cats. They need feeding daily!
4. Many fundraising events can no longer take place
Because of Covid restrictions, many of the events we regularly hold to raise funds cannot currently take place.
5. We receive NO GOVERNMENT FUNDING or other financial assistance, other than from you, our loyal supporters.
We’re extremely worried that we’ll be unable to continue operating our much-needed rehoming and sanctuary services.
We are issuing this urgent appeal for funds to help cover our running costs and continue our work
Why support us?
At Romney House, we go above and beyond the work of many other cat welfare organisations:
- Our primary focus is on animal welfare
- We are daily called to sites to trap scared, vulnerable cats, offering them safe refuge at our centre
- We are the last hope for the older, sick cats which other rescues refuse to admit
- Our contact details are routinely given out by other charities, as they know we will help any cat and we don’t turn any away!
If Romney House Cat Rescue cannot continue to help cats in desperate need, what will happen to them? Please help us to keep open our doors for them now, and in the future!
We urgently need your contribution TODAY! Every pound donated will help us to survive.
How you can support us:
Please donate via our appeal page:
By sending a cheque payable to ‘Romney House Cat Rescue’ to: Romney House, Luxted Road, Downe, Kent BR6 7JX
Set up a standing order (ring 07739-562492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and a form will be sent to you)
From all the cats at Romney House Cat Rescue
If you would like to adopt a cat or kitten you can learn more here
If you would like to sponsor a cat or kitten you can learn more here
If you would like to donate to the centre you can learn more here
If you would like to volunteer at the cat centre or shop you can learn more here